Untold Theatre creates dynamic small-scale productions which are ‘original, imaginative and bold’ (Broadway Baby). Their ‘vivid, memorable, drama’ (Remote Goat) tours to theatres, rural venues, community spaces, and places of education.
What they are looking for: bold, new full-length plays which have not yet been staged professionally in the UK.
Applications are open to anybody – though they are especially interested in hearing from early-career playwrights, and those creating work which considers life in contemporary Britain.
Submissions are welcome from those of all genders, faiths, ethnicities, ages, abilities and sexual orientations. Fees and rights usage will be negotiated with successful applicants.
- Full-length plays (9,000 words or more as a very rough guide).
- Work which hasn’t already been professionally produced. Scratch nights, rehearsed readings and Fringe productions are acceptable.
- Can be performed by five actors or fewer. They are particularly keen to read plays intended for two or three actors.
How to apply:
Send a cover letter (maximum 500 words) outlining:
- Previous experience
- Information about the play – including a brief synopsis, and its development journey so far
- How the play fits with the spirit and style of Untold Theatre
- Links to any reviews/video clips/examples of other work
Alongside this, include:
- A 10-page sample of the play
- Your CV
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring form, downloadable from https://www.untoldtheatre.co.uk/backstage/equality-monitoring/
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.This is an unmonitored email address and will remain unchecked until after the closing date, so any questions should be sent to email@example.com. You might also like to visit www.untoldtheatre.co.uk.
Deadline: 19 October 2018 at 5pm
Souce: Arts Council Jobs