A Bit Of A Do is a festival of theatre, dance and cabaret by disabled and non-disabled artists, produced by Drunken Chorus. The festival will take place in Croydon, South London.
For the 2022 instalment of A Bit Of A Do they will support 3 disabled artists / companies to create performances to premiere at the festival.
Each commission / support package will be bespoke to the artist / company, and may include:
- Up to 3 mentoring sessions with an established artist;
- Up to 1 week of rehearsal space at a London venue;
- A bursary of up to £1,000 towards the project;
- Advice from the Drunken Chorus team;
- Support to build connections / networks and to find touring opportunities.
- Artists are invited to submit their proposals by 12 midday on Tuesday 25th January 2022. We are looking for proposals for work that is:
- At least 30 minutes in length, and no longer than around 1 hour;
- Flexible, and not technically complicated, so as to work in a festival context;
- In the early stages of development;
- Contemporary performance: dance, theatre or cabaret;
- Created by disabled artists and/or disabled-led companies
They are particularly keen to hear from:
- Artists creating work that is contemporary, experimental or outside the mainstream
- Artists who are exploring exciting new ways to reach audiences who cannot attend arts venues in person
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing artists / companies
- Visually Impaired artists / companies
- Artists / companies from groups who are under-represented in the arts, including people from working class backgrounds and ethnic minorities.
Deadline: 12 midday, Tuesday 25th January 2022.
w/c 31 January 2022: Artists notified, and initial meetings
Feb – Sep 2022: Creation of performances, mentoring, regular check-ins
Oct/Nov 2022: Performances at 2022 Festival
Deadline: 25 January 2022 at 12pm
Source: Write A Play