The ArtsEd drama school in London is offering opportunities for screenplay writers to have their work developed and produced over the course of the next 12 months.
Each script should combine ‘a clear, narrative arc with a degree of dramatic action’, be of 10-12 minutes in duration and be suitable for filming on a limited budget.
What to submit: Each script should combine a clear, narrative arc with a degree of dramatic action and must also fulfil the following criteria:
- Be of 10-12 minutes duration
- Be suitable for filming on a limited budget
- Require a maximum of 5 simple locations and not involve difficult technical set ups i.e.: long driving scenes, period settings etc.
- Tackle contemporary subject matter, both comedy and drama and be set in the last decade
- Be suitable for a cast who are in their twenties, featuring 3/4 strong roles preferably without the requirement for additional guest artists
- Avoid any extreme violence or explicit sexual content
What you get: Shortlisted scripts will be read in a workshop situation and once the final eight scripts have been selected, writers may be required to develop or adapt their work. They will subsequently be filmed in March/April 2017, by a professional director and director of photography, supported by a full student crew. Each film will then be edited to broadcast standard and screened before an industry audience.
All writers will be fully credited for their work, retain copyright of the script and receive a professional standard showreel of the film. They are sadly unable to offer remuneration to writers but see this as a great opportunity for a writer to have their work developed and produced in order to showcase their talents.
How to apply: Please submit a one page treatment with scripts as a PDF or Word Document with the writers’ name, address and contact details and script title on the front page. Submissions should be e-mailed to Kerryn Arcari ArtsEd’s Film & TV Production Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 30 April 2016
Source: BBC Writersroom