Little Red Riding Hood
Every Christmas, Nottingham Playhouse produces a family show aimed at younger children. We are very proud of this work, which is a core part of our Christmas programming and has been building a reputation year on year.
For 2021/22, we are producing Little Red Riding Hood and we’re seeking an East Midlands playwright to commission.
The show is produced in the Neville Studio at Nottingham Playhouse and then tours to primary schools and libraries in the region.
• The play must run at around 50 minutes.
• The final version will include original songs. This will be discussed at a later point in the process.
• There will be two actors in the production. The logistics of this should be taken into account.
• The production must be suitable for children aged 3–8, and their families.
• The production will include elements of embedded access eg integrated captioning.
The contract offered is an ITC Writer’s Commissioning Agreement. Fee of £6,110.
The deadline for submissions is Thursday 10 June 2021 at midday.
The deadline for the first draft of the script will be around the end of July.
The rehearsal draft deadline will be early September.
Rehearsals begin on Monday 15 November 2021.
Dress rehearsals, previews and press performance will be the week commencing 6 December 2021.
Nottingham Playhouse is committed to a policy of equality of opportunity and creating a workforce representative of the diverse communities we work with. We actively encourage applications from Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and Disabled people. Nottingham Playhouse is part of the Parents in Performing Arts (PIPA) campaign and welcomes applications from people who have caring responsibilities.
For further information and how to apply please see https://nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk/job/playwright-little-red-riding-hood/
Deadline for applications: 10 June 2021
Source: Arts Jobs