Camden People’s Theatre has put out a call for submissions, for projects exploring what’s changed since 1994 – and what might change in the twenty years to come.
What they are looking for, in their own words:
In September 2014, as part of our year-long CPT@20 celebrations, we will host a week of new commissioned works-in-progress, responding to our provocation, 20:20 Vision. We will invite artists to ask: What’s changed since 1994, and how? Or: how might we, our country and our world change in the twenty years to come?
We want artists to explore and ask big questions about what’s happening to ourselves, our culture and society in the long term. How did we live back then? And how might we live two decades from now? Are we moving in the right direction? And then, we want those artists to turn these questions into exciting theatre…
What they are looking for: Artists/ companies who…
- who want to create new work, or develop work that’s already in-progress, which responds to the above provocation
- whose work needs to take place in a live environment
- who have the ambition and the ability to speak to a large audience
What you get:
- A seed commission of £500
- A showcase opportunity as part of our 20:20 Vision week of performances
- inclusion in CPT brochure and/or website, and marketing support from CPT
- Technical support from CPT technician
What to submit: Please send the following:
- Information on yourself and your work (150 words, plus email and phone contact details)
- Description of the project you’re proposing (300 words, plus details on any development/performances you’ve already undertaken)
- What will it be like for an audience? (200 words)
- One A4 page with images / links to your work (optional)
How to apply: Please send your application to Anna O’Dell email@example.com with ’20:20 Vision’ in the subject line.
Deadline: Monday 7 July 2014 at 10am
Source: IdeasTap Jobs