One Day is a fresh and forward-thinking Creative Education Company, connecting children and learning with creativity and imagination. Their scripted drama workshops cater for creative learning throughout all primary age groups and key stages.
One Day Creative Education are currently looking for enthusiastic, motivated & highly passionate freelance creative play script writers (experience writing children’s scripts – beneficial) from across the UK. They deliver a range of creative and educational scripted ONE DAY drama workshops in schools across UK.
What they are looking for…
SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- Strong creative writing skills
- Play Script writing skills (beneficial)
- Keen eye for grammar & accuracy
- Experience of theatre stage directions/ blocking writing (beneficial)
- Shows confidence in the ability to think outside the box, great imagination & can create fun engaging creative play scripts
- Educated to degree level in Teaching, Education, English Literature, English Language, Creative Writing, Script Writing, Writing for Theatre or similar
- Experience creating work for children across all Key stages
- Experience creating educational influenced writing
- Knowledge of the publishing industry, children’s books or children’s plays beneficial
- Knowledge of the current educational system may be beneficial
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS :
- Enthusiastic attitude
- Professional demeanour
- Confident, creative and positive attitude
- Must be confident in writing to evoke a positive reaction in students, and provide stimulus for learning whilst having fun
- They’re looking for script writers that can make students laugh, through the script- make them want to learn, and allow them to feel free to use their imaginations
- Above all, they’re looking for script writers that – when provided with stimulus – can create scripts that are bursting full of imagination, creativity & fun!
Offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and enhanced CRB disclosure clearance.
How to apply: Please email your CV and covering letter, along with any example work to: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.onedaycreative.com
Salary: 10-15k pro rata
Deadline: 22 August 2014
Source: IdeasTap Jobs Page