Following the success of this year’s inaugural season of new musical theatre, Katy Lipson of Aria Entertainment and Robert McWhir of The Landor Theatre are delighted to announce that applications are now open for the second From Page To Stage season from Tuesday 11 February – Saturday 8 March 2014 at the Landor Theatre.
From Page To Stage is a season of new musical theatre dedicated to the showcasing of work in development to an audience, to garner feedback and create new opportunities for the artistes involved. The 2014 season will present a mixed programme of work at different stages of development, performed by a repertory company.
Expanding on the format of the 2013 season, From Page To Stage 2014 will present:
A new British musical – to headline the season and run for one week in a fully staged production | A new American musical – to run for 3 performances, celebrating new work from America | A concert musical – a musical specifically intended to be performed in concert format | A classical cross-over/opera piece – to showcase the musical variety within the genre | Showcases – parts of musicals in development, presented with minimal staging| Rehearsed readings – full shows in development, read from scripts.
What to submit: In order to apply for the season you must have:
- a script which can be sent by email
- a fully notated piano/vocal score for either your full show, or the parts you wish to submit
- sample MP3’s (which do not need to be of high quality)
- Scripts must not have had a full scale production
- Scripts must be written and submitted in English
How to apply: To apply please email: email@example.com with the subject: FROM PAGE TO STAGE 2014.
Please be sure to include:
- which bracket of our season you feel your show falls under: A new British musical, a new American musical, a rehearsed reading, a showcase, a concert musical, or a classical crossover piece.
- where you reside
- a synopsis of your musical
- a character list and breakdown
- 3 MP3’s from your show
- 3 sample scenes from your show
PLEASE NOTE for the READINGS they can not accommodate casts bigger than 10 due to funding restrictions.
You can follow From Page to Stage on Twitter at @frompage2stage.
Deadline: Monday 30 September 2013
Source: Arts Council e-newsletter