Little Pieces of Gold are seeking six ten minute plays which will be staged at Theatre503 on the 14th & 15th June 2015. The short plays will accompany the main production of Sarah Hehir’s hard-hitting new play, Child Z.
Plays should explore a situation where people find themselves in a struggle to be heard by authorities/services/organisations/systems. For instance you might want to pick up on a big news story from the last year – the health service, social housing, youth unemployment, or the issue of free speech itself. Or it could be more personal and domestic. The world is your oyster. (Plays should not directly address the themes of Child Z.)
Little Pieces of Gold have produced the plays of over one hundred playwrights at leading London venues. Showcases garner much industry interest, introduce writers to literary agents, facilitate long term creative collaborations and provide a platform for new voices, theatre makers and performers.
Guidelines: Submitted scripts should meet the following criteria:
- new plays that have not been produced before
- one play per submission
- 10 minutes max
- mininum props, sound & lighting. Tech time is extremely limited.
- writers must live in the UK and be able to attend the performance
- please include a very brief bio – if you are a first time playwright, that’s great too
- please don’t send plays about incest or paedophilia or plays that contain gratuitous sex. Thanks!
How to apply: Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 27 April 2015
Source: BBC Writersroom