Little Pieces of Gold and the Canal Café Theatre present a festival of new plays about the ups and downs of being in a relationship for a festival of new writing running 5-7 March and 12-14 March 2018.
The Festival is part of Canal Cafe Theatre’s Women in the Arts initiative to nurture and support women’s playwriting and help get their work on stage.
The Festival will feature one-act play, Superman & Me and a programme of 6 exciting new short plays that say something about navigating the ins and outs of love and relationships.
- This festival is showcasing female writers.
- Please note this opportunity is open to UK writers only.
What you get: Writers will receive:
- A 3-night run in a new event that showcases female playwrights.
- Plays will be assigned a director who will cast and rehearse their piece ready for staging in either the first or second week of the festival.
- A production by a theatre company with a reputation for quality work.
- Marketing and PR to promote the event via Little Pieces of Gold and Canal Café Theatre networks.
What to submit:
- Plays must be no longer than 15 mins and must address the theme ‘Other Loves in Crisis’ – so stories about the trials and tribulations of being in (or wanting to be in)) a relationship.
- In their words: ‘We want to see all kinds of stories about couples, not just hetero relationships. So BAME LGBTQ writers send us your work. ‘
- They are not accepting extracts from full length plays.
How to apply: Please send to email@example.com and pleaese ensure that you put: ‘Other Loves in Crisis’ into the subject heading of your email.
Deadline: 21 January 2018 at midnight