Los Angeles based RAZE THE SPACE THEATRE ENSEMBLE’s ten-minute international plays festival will go ahead in 2020. It will NOT be a play festival or reading on Zoom, but feature a series of monologues performed by different actors, filmed in physical theatre spaces, and broadcast at a later date.
RAZE is currently operating within an extremely limited budget, cannot offer remuneration or guarantee your work will be performed.
‘PANDEMIC’ is the 2020 festival theme. Put it at the heart of the monologue you submit. Comedy or Drama, they want monologues that excite, surprise, challenge, and move us. Monologue submissions that do not meet the following criteria will not be considered:
- Submission deadline is 11.59 p.m. PST, Friday, July 10, 2020
- All entrants must be over 18 years old.
- Monologues must be no longer than 10 minutes, no shorter than 5 minutes.
- ONE SUBMISSION per writer only.
- The monologue must be original work in English, written specifically for the stage by the person making the submission.
- Monologues must not have been previously produced, performed, or published. We want new, original work only. However, if your monologue has previously received a staged reading, that’s fine.
- Monologue submissions must be in Word or PDF and sent as an email attachment to email@example.com. Include the words ‘Pandemic monologue’ in the subject line of your email and a brief hello in the body of the email.
How it works: They will announce a shortlist of plays within two weeks of the submission deadline and invite shortlisted writers to an in-house online workshop featuring the work where they will read, discuss, and give feedback on the work. The writer is not obliged to attend the session and it will not affect their decision in the final selection of material, it’s simply part of their rehearsal process.
From the shortlist, they will select around six monologues for performance.
Visit the website www.razethespace.com to learn more about RAZE THE SPACE and its work as well as the featured actors on their NOW PLAYING page who will be some of those taking part in the festival.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY:
By submitting their work to RAZE THE SPACE as part of its 2020 ten-minute international monologue festival PANDEMIC, the playwright agrees that if selected, they give permission for the work to be filmed and made available in video format without royalty through the RAZE THE SPACE website for a duration of no more than one year from the time that the content is first uploaded to the website.
Deadline: 10 July 2020 11.59pm PST (UK entrants, note the time difference!)
Source: direct contact