What is it?
Following their recent sell-out shows at The King’s Head Theatre and The Bunker in London, Reboot Theatre Company (RTC) are looking for new writing for their upcoming production of Reboot: Shorts 3. RTC will choose 4-6 plays to perform at a central London theatre on 2-4 evenings in late Spring / early Summer 2020. A £150 fee will be paid to each writer whose work is chosen. Previous successful applicants have since worked with RTC to develop their shorts into full-length plays.
What are they looking for?
They aren’t looking just for outstanding text, but for plays that will showcase interesting, novel, or experimental theatre or ideas. No specific theme is required, and they suggest reviewing their previous performances, workshops and biographies. When submitting your play they strongly recommend reviewing their current and extended company members, as casting will be from within the RTC.
- Writing in English (including British textual references)
- Full play length: 15-20 min
- Complete plays – no extracts from longer pieces
- Finished plays – this isn’t a scratch night
- The piece is relevant to a British audience
- Maximum 5 characters – monologues will be considered, however a minimum of 2 characters will be preferred
- Play does not require a complex or fixed set
- Only one entry per writer (previous submissions are welcome)
How to apply?
Follow the link and fill in the application form online to apply.
Deadline: Sunday 8th March 2020
Source: Direct Contact