Taking Flight 2022 New Writing Competition:
– Red Dragonfly’s competition welcomes submissions from new and emerging playwrights of East Asian and South East Asian Heritage or from BESEA Communities in the UK
– Applicants must be aged 18+ and based in the UK
– There is no entry fee
– Ideas and subject can be anything that can be developed into a full length 1 hour play for a cast of up to 4 actors
– Please submit pitch/idea/story, no longer than 1 A4 page, along with name, ethnicity, location in UK, contact email and any access requirements to info@reddragonflyproductions.
– Ten applicants will be invited to a workshop with Red Dragonfly’s dramaturge to develop their idea into a script
– Please visit www.reddragonflyproductions.
co.uk/taking-flight-2022 for more information
– £1000 prize fee for winning playwright and play will be produced and toured by Red Dragonfly to various festivals and venues in the UK from May to July 2022
– Taking Flight 2022 is supported using funding by Arts Council England.
Deadline: 31 January 2022, midnight GMT
Source: direct contact