Takeover is an arts festival for audiences and artists aged 16-25 taking place between Fri 27th July and Fri 10th August at Rich Mix. This year’s theme is Culture for a Changing City.
Rich Mix is located in London Borough of Tower Hamlets – a neighbourhood where many paths cross and many new journeys begin with incredible stories to be told. They wish to celebrate these stories, to create new stories, to imagine the best future for our neighbourhood, to find ways to bring the many different communities together, and to remain a constant in an area of constant transformation.
What they are looking for:
- Proposals for live events, across all genres: music, film, performance, spoken-word, live art, comedy, multimedia and everything in between which reflect Culture for a Changing City theme;
- Artist led workshops, peer-to-peer skills share sessions, networking events, and panel discussions;
- Proposals from arts organisations and established partners for daytime workshop, masterclasses with industry experts, and practical sessions with a specific learning or development outcomes facilitated by artists, e.g.: fundraising, DJing, script writing, film programming etc.
- Ideas proposals for Micro-commissions – a development programme aimed at East-London based individual artists, companies and collectives who work in performance, theatre, dance and multimedia. Up to 3 artists or companies will be awarded up to 40 hours of rehearsal time, budget of £150, mentoring, and a public sharing during Takeover (Fri 3- Sat 4 August).
Who can apply:
- Emerging artists and producers who work across all art forms and are aged 16-25 (whether you have a solid track record of producing events or making your first attempt at realising an idea you’ve had for a long time – they want to hear from you!)
- Collectives and networks run by and for target young people;
- For Micro-Commissions: artists, companies and collectives who work in performance, theatre, dance and multimedia, who are aged 16-25;
- Arts organisations and established creative partners who provide development opportunities and support for young people.
- East London artists and organisations based particularly welcome (though proposals from further afield will be considered as well).
How to apply: For more information and to download the application form visit: https://www.richmix.org.uk/blog/takeover-2018-call-out
All submissions need to be emailed to Margot Przymierska at email@example.com with an appropriate subject line:
- ‘Takeover Submission’ for all general submissions
- ‘Takeover Micro-commission Submission’
If you would like to attend the Takeover Drop In on Friday 23rd March, please reserve your space via email firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line ‘Takeover Drop In booking’.
Deadline: 4 April 2018
Source: Direct contact