Scriptwriters & Co’s next online Scratch Night will take place online at 7pm (UK time) on Monday 19 April 2021.
Their submissions window is open to writers anywhere in the world. This month they’re looking for original plays, screenplays or audio plays of 6-10 pages, on the new theme published on their website.
It’s free to submit. The prize? Winning pieces will be read ‘live’ on the night by auditioned S&Co Actors, in front of a large online audience, with a short discussion afterwards. It’s a great place to test your work and meet new contacts.
To compete, you must:
- visit Scriptwriters & Co for the finer details
- subscribe to their mailing list
- be over 18
- be able to attend the online Zoom event
Your script must be:
- in English
- relevant to the theme published on their website
- to the prescribed page count, with no more than 8 characters
- spell-checked and formatted appropriately
- in PDF format, with its title and your name in the file name.
Scriptwriters & Co’s experienced readers assess every submission very carefully. Please don’t be disheartened if yours isn’t chosen, or leap to the conclusion that it isn’t engaging or well-written. Decisions won’t just be based on talent, but to offer the audience variety.
The group is expanding fast and now has around 1,500 members as well as a vibrant and supportive Facebook community for playwrights, screenwriters, script readers, actors, filmmakers and theatrical producers, at any stage of their career and wherever they live. Please visit Scriptwriters & Co to find out more.
Deadline: 12 noon, Wednesday 14 April 2021
Source: BBC Writers Room