How to apply
If you would like to apply for the opportunity to receive a long, detailed feedback report from one of TLC’s professional readers, please check that you meet the eligibility criteria outlined below:
- Are you a low-income, disabled writer based in England?
- Did you apply last year? Applicants cannot apply for the Free Reads scheme two years in a row.
- All Free Reads are subject to TLC’s Manuscript Assessment Terms and Conditions. Please make sure you have read and understood these.
- Only single authored work is accepted.
- Work written in English only.
- You must be aged over 16 to apply.
If you meet the criteria above and would like to be considered for professional critique, please follow these steps:
- Prepare a sample of the work you would like professionally read to send to Shape Arts: 20 pages for scripts.
- Once you are happy with your work, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a completed application form.
- We will assess the work for quality and be in touch about the rest of the process.
Writers can also submit prose and poetry, visit their website for full details
Deadline: 5pm on Thursday 22 September 2022
Source: BBC Writersroom