SLACKLINE SLEEPOVER – OVERNIGHT AND ONLINE! Call for submissions
Six playwrights, six directors, twelve (or so) actors… Six new short plays written, rehearsed and performed within 24 hours.
SLACKLINE STORIES IS BACK… WITH YET ANOTHER TWIST!
Slackline Productions is now accepting submissions for Slackline Sleepover, their latest Slackline Stories event.
This time it’s overnight and online. They’ll still showcase the best new short plays, written by female playwrights, directed by female directors and featuring at least one strong female character aged 35+, but this time, they will be written, rehearsed and ready to perform online in 24 hours!
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Send Slackline a short play (around 10 minute plays or excerpts of plays), that highlights who you are as a playwright or best showcases your style. Bonus points for stories that feature a strong female-identifying character aged 35+! * Note, this is for writing style reference only! *
From there Slackline will choose six playwrights to join them on the 13th January to start the 24 hours of madness and fun!
What Slackline is LOOKING FOR:
- Playwrights from anywhere who identify as female; all ages, but 35+ especially encouraged
- Short plays or excerpts of plays that show your writing style
- Someone who likes to work on the fly and has a sense of adventure!
- Great stories – the plays don’t have to be political (but they can be), nor do they have to be female-only. Slackline loves an uplifting story, even if the content is sad/dramatic/difficult. They also love things a bit quirky!
*You MUST be available from the evening of 13th January through to the evening of 14th January 2020 to be eligible.*
WHAT YOU GET:
- Time in the online rehearsal room with actors and a director
- Your script performed for a friendly audience
- Written audience feedback to be collected by Slackline
- A fun way to further challenge yourself as a writer and work with a director and actors on your script
- The potential to R&D your script further with Slackline to lead to a longer production run
- At the moment, this is an unpaid opportunity (working on funding, but this is not guaranteed)
How to submit: Please send to email@example.com Subject: Slackline Sleepover Submission with your name, but please leave your name off of the actual script.
Deadline: Submissions accepted until 13th December or until 150 submissions have been reached, whichever comes first, so don’t delay!
Source: BBC Writersroom