StageQ invites you to submit a short play for our ninth annual festival of short queer plays, Queer Shorts 9. Queer Shorts 1 – 8 were sold-out smash hits, and you could be part of the fun during their 2014 playfest. Queer Shorts 9 will be performed June 13-21, 2014 at the Bartell Theatre in Madison, Wisconsin, with possible teaser performances as part of other events in the spring and summer of 2014.
What to submit: Plays should be no longer than 15 minutes in length, “but 5 or 10 minutes would be even better”. Musicals are welcome.
Please send no more than 3 scripts. And please don’t re-submit scripts that you have sent in the past.
In addition to your script, please include a one-page précis, including:
- One-paragraph description of the plot
- Casting requirements (number of actors, gender, ages, special requirements, if any)
- Set requirements (remember, this is a playfest with 10 – 12 plays in one evening; we use cubes to create the sets; simple is better!)
- Running time (no more than 15 minutes!)
- Special technical requirements, if any
- Who is the intended audience?
- Is there lesbian, gay or other queer content? (Required)
- Is there nudity? Adult language?
- If a musical, is there a written score?
- If a musical, what are the instrumental requirements? Vocal requirements?
How to apply: Email your script and précis to QueerShorts@stageq.com.
Deadline: 1 January 2014
Source: Play Submissions Helper