Are you interested in immersive theatre? This two-day Writers Room aims to give theatre practitioners an introduction to storytelling in Immersive spaces. Working with practitioners from Punchdrunk, creative technologists and StoryFutures Academy Head of Writers Room Adam Ganz, during the workshop participants will be introduced to a range of technologies, explore Punchdrunk’s approach to storytelling and develop their own immersive project in response to space.
- The lab is for experienced creative professionals who are interested in making innovative use of Immersive Technology (Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality/Mixed Reality/Immersive Sound or other) and are looking for an opportunity to expand into immersive storytelling
- Applications should be made in teams of two – participants should clearly indicate on the application form who they are applying with. This may be from two people from an established theatre company or writer/ director/ performer teams.
- Diversity: StoryFutures Academy operates with a pledge to ensure 50% of participants are women, and 15-20% are from BAME backgrounds
- Track Record: Participants must have at least 2-3 substantive credits and evidence an interest in immersive and show how participation in the workshop will enable them to move into new areas or otherwise expand or deepen their work.
- Commitment: Applicants must both be available to attend both days
- Reporting: Applicants must agree to funder reporting requirements, including the provision of relevant employment information
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out the application form on the StoryFutures Academy website and include a one page CV for each participant and a joint one-page statement about what they understand as the possibilities of Immersive Theatre, including a one-paragraph description (no more than 100 words) of an immersive theatrical project they would like to achieve. This can be real or speculative.
- If required the application form allows for the submission of links to a video application, rather than a written application. Please adhere to the same criteria.
The workshop is free. Reasonable, pre-agreed travel expenses will be met.
Date: 11th and 12th December 2019
Location: Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX
If you are unable to apply for a place on this Writers Room, they strongly encourage you to pass this invitation to any suitable colleagues.
Applicants will be notified via email by 4th December 2019 at 5pm.
Deadline: 27 November 2019 at midnight
Source: BBC Writersroom