Big Finish Productions and the writing association, Write on Comedy, have united to revive this winning formula on audio with The Big Finish Comedy Playhouse Script Writing Competition. They are in search of original and hilarious scripts which are suitable for a pilot episode of an audio production.
The winner will receive a cash prize of £500 and the Galton & Simpson Godfathers of Comedy Award (in honour of the Comedy Playhouse writers). Five runners-up will also each receive a cash prize of £350.
- All entries must be submitted electronically to the Promoter, firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must consist of two parts: a script and a synopsis.
- The script must be no more than 30 pages with a font size of at least 11.
- The script must be humorous, have no more than six characters, and be suitable for a pilot episode of an audio production.
- The synopsis must detail the writer’s plans for a full series and be no more than 500 words.
- All entries must be submitted with your full name(s), recent photograph(s), postal addresses, brief biographies and email addresses.
Deadline: 17.00 on Saturday 1st April 2023
Source: BBC Writersroom