The Brighton Scratch Night is at the Rialto for ONE NIGHT ONLY this year. Six extracts, one play receiving a fully produced run at Brighton Fringe 2021 and always an absolutely cracking night, here are the 2020 guidelines:
• Scripts can be on ANY subject (PDFs), from ANYONE – Although they do encourage applicants from the Brighton/Sussex area.
• Extracts, not short plays. All pieces should be over at least thirty minutes, as the overall winner will go on to be programmed into an hour fringe slot. If you have a piece of work that is less than thirty minutes, they would want to see some potential for it to be extended for it to be considered.
• All applicants must send in a synopsis, their chosen fifteen minute extract, and, if possible, the full script.
• They like to know where the writers are based and how involved you could be in the process. They would like a brief outline of your location and availability across the programme.
• New pieces not any previously produced work.
• There is no exact cast limit/ staging restrictions, but please be aware these would be for scratch performances.
• Returning authors/ reworked pieces are absolutely encouraged.
All work to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief cover letter.
Deadline: midnight on 31st August 2020.
Source: PLAYWRITING UK Facebook