The Out of Town Museum (OOT) project funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund, and managed by Bailiffgate Museum & Gallery in Alnwick celebrates the rural heritage of Upper Coquetdale. The project is collecting local memories, voices, artefacts, and photographs to preserve and to celebrate them as unique features of our local heritage. OOT focusses on the heritage of getting ‘oot and aboot’ with particular interest in the journeys, routes and the stories they tell.
We are keen to receive proposals from artists to work in multiple disciplines, across the visual arts, as well as the written word to create artwork that celebrates OOT as it culminates in an exhibition planned for autumn 2022, that will showcase the dialect and heritage of this unique rural area.
We are open minded at this stage and would encourage proposals using photography; drawing and painting; textiles; digital arts; prose; poetry and other forms of visual arts and writing within the commission.
- Experience of working with cultural heritage and in community settings
- Experience and understanding of working in collaboration and a commitment to community engagement whilst complying with Covid 19 guidelines and social distancing practices
- Knowledge and understanding of the culture and heritage of Upper Coquetdale
- High proficiency as a writer, artist, craft-person, photographer etc
- To provide own equipment and/or budget accordingly for materials or equipment needed as part of the activity
- Knowledge and experience of digital media
- To work in a fully inclusive and accessible manner
- Valid public liability insurance of at least £10million
- To comply with risk assessment and monitoring procedures for the project
Start date : May 2021 until March 2022
Please see information pack, application letter and job specification on their website here.
Apply by noon Friday 9th April to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 12 noon, 9th April 2021
Source: Bailiffgate Museum & Gallery