The Progressive Playwright returns – with a twist! Due to a high demand from playwrights – and the success of previous seasons, this Autumn The Tron Theatre in Glasgow is offering playwrights at all stages of their careers, that are Scottish or based in Scotland, the opportunity to become the recipient of the new Progressive Playwright Award.
The winner of this award will receive a £2000 bursary to develop their work up to seventy minutes and receive creative and production support to stage a ‘work in progress’ rehearsed reading at the Tron in June 2016.
Another new twist this season is that there are three themes for the monthly events that The Tron would like you to base your plays around. These themes are: ‘Love,’ ‘Labour’ and ‘Loss.’ Plays can be submitted based on one of these for any given month. Submissions should be anonymous.
- Two mentoring sessions to develop their piece up to twenty minutes
- Rehearsal and development time prior to the final
- A writer’s fee and a nominal performance fee
The winner of the Progressive Playwright Award will receive:
- A £2000 bursary to complete a full length play (up to 70 minutes) based on their progressed play
- Four mentoring sessions
- One week development with a director and cast
- A writer’s rehearsal fee for development week
- Three performed ‘work in progress’ rehearsed readings productions in the Changing House
- Marketing and Production support from the Tron.