The Student Guide to Writing: Playwriting showcase
Tuesday 5th 2016 from 7.30-8.30pm
Part of London Writers’ Week 2016
Come along to see the winners’ play for The Student Guide to Writing: Playwriting, the new competition from the Bush Theatre, MA Dramatic Writing at Drama Centre London at Central Saint Martins, and Oberon Books.
This new play is on the theme of what it means to be a student in the UK today. This new promenade production offers a fun and thoughtful insight from the winners of The Student Guide to Writing: Playwriting.
With changes to funding, a decline in the number of students studying the arts in schools, the end of the creative writing A level, and a debate due on July 5th in the Houses of Parliament on whether arts subjects should be part of the new EBACC, what does the future have in store for students in the UK?
This show is written by the winners of The Student Guide to Writing: Playwriting:
- Vee Tames, Colchester Grammer School: schools winner
- Titilola Ige, Central Saint Martins: joint University winner
- Monique Geraghty, Queen Marys University: joint University winner
- Mufaro Makubika: joint emerging/general winner
- Miriam Battye: joint emerging/general winner
Booking: For further information and to book a ticket, please see the event webpage.
Source: Drama Centre / Central Saint Martins