Are you 16 – 25 years old and passionate about writing?This course, led by playwright & director Dinos Aristidou, will give 20 young writers the opportunity to develop their writing and experience what it is to write for, in and about theatre. Sessions are 10am – 12.30pm on alternate Saturdays between September 2014 – May 2015 and will finish with a ‘showing’ of work during Brighton Fringe Festival.
As a Theatre Royal Brighton Young Writer you will have the opportunity to:
- Further your theatre writing experience (whether playwrighting, reveiwing or press & marketing).
- Receive mentoring from Dinos Aristidou
- Meet industry professionals and get industry news and information about writing opportunities and funding
- See Theatre Royal Brighton shows at a discounted rate.
- Receive a years free membership to New Writing South
- Call yourself a Theatre Royal Brighton Young Writer on publicity for your own work, independent of the project
How to apply: submit a maximum of two A4 sides of creative writing on a subject of your choice. This can be in script format, or could be a short story or poem.
Email your work to email@example.com or post to New Writing South, 9 Jew Street, Brighton BN1 1UT
What we want to see is creative flair – no prior experience of writing is needed.
This is a subsidised programme and the fee is £80 for successful applicants. A limited number of bursaries may be available.
Deadline: Friday 20 June 2014 – there will be a selection workshop on Saturday 5 July.