(Ed note: I did this programme in 2014 and can’t say enough good things about it – recommend wholeheartedly!)
Submissions are now open for Theatre Royal Stratford East’s summer Musical Theatre Initiative.
Successful applicants will be invited to an open day event on the first day of this year’s summer course: Saturday 11th July where you will hear more about Theatre Royal Stratford East (TRSE) and our Musical Theatre Initiative. You will also get to work with Fred Carl and Robert Lee from the Tisch School in New York, Associate Artists of TRSE who lead our Summer Musical Theatre Summer Workshop.
On this day you will have the opportunity to ‘pitch’ an idea and if we feel it’s something for us, you will be invited to return over the next two weeks to work more closely with the TRSE team. The dates and times for this will be co-ordinated in partnership with you.
The course ends on Sat 25th July. The course is a free event for all participants. Unfortunately we cannot pay your travel or other out of pocket expenses.
What to submit: To apply for a place on the open day please email us and tell us a little about yourself, you and your work, by 5pm Friday 26th June.
You may want to send us something with you singing, rapping, sharing some of your poetry, playing in a band, or your script.
You can share by Dropbox in the following formats:
If you are sending in a script of your work:
- Scripts must be written and submitted in English.
- Please email to your script in Word or PDF format (font size 12, with a title page, and page numbers)
How to apply: Send your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you enter MTI 2015 SUBMISSIONS in the subject line.
They will endeavour to reply to everyone. However if you do not hear from us, you can assume that they were unable to work with you at this time.
What you get:
- To work within a safe and creative environment with other writing teams
- The chance to work with the Artistic team of Theatre Royal Stratford East
- The chance to exchange ideas with other artists
- An opportunity to develop your work and skills over a two week intensive workshop.
- The opportunity to work with two leading specialist Tutors from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts.
Deadline: 26 June 2015