White Noise Theatre are looking for some collaborators to be involved in our brand new scratch night just for actor-writers: Write Noise Night.
The night will present a line-up of noisy new work created and performed by actor-writers. Over the course of the night, as the other acts are performing, the rest of us will be writing a new collaborative piece that will be performed in our show stopping finale.
We are looking for:
- Solo actor-writers
- With a 10 minute play or extract in development
- And a passion for collaborative, experimental theatre.
The theme of the acts is NOISE! Your submission could be an extract from a play that fits the brief already or a new idea in response to the call out. We will only accept pieces that are 10 minutes long and haven’t been performed in front of an audience yet.
We will offer:
- A £50 honorarium
- One in-person rehearsal with a director
- Dramaturgical support and one feedback session on your play from our Artistic Director, Selwin Hulme-Teague (PlantGays, The Black Cat), and Associate Artist, Maria Telnikoff (My Dad Wears A Dress, All The Men Are Going To Hate Me)
- Two nights to test out your work in front of an audience at The Pen Theatre
- Application deadline: 9pm, Saturday 4th November
- Hear back by: Monday 13th November
- Dramaturgy meetings: w/c 20th November (online)
- Rehearsal day: Monday 4th December (in-person, London)
- Tech: Thursday 7th December (The PEN Theatre)
- Performances: 7:30pm, Thursday 7th & Friday 8th December (The PEN Theatre)
You MUST be available for the in-person rehearsal day and BOTH performances.