Jump Start is the new theatre writing initiative run through the Worcestershire Arts Partnership. They are teaming up with The Beeline Festival, run by The University of Worcester, one of the leading children and young people’s literature festivals in the country. It hosts an exciting range of performances, workshops and activities aimed at young audiences.
They are thrilled to be taking part and Jump Start’s performance night will be Saturday 20th October.
What they are looking for:
- Up to 5 plays/ performance work aimed at the 13-18 year olds audience.
- Previously unperformed to a paying audience. They want to profile new work.
- 15-20 minutes maximum length. It could be an extract of a longer piece of writing or a short piece.
- Aimed at an audience of 13-18 year olds (although cast & crew should be over 18).
- Flexible and easy to stage – you will have very little get-in or get-out time.
- Ideally you or your company should be in Worcestershire or the surrounding counties.
What you get: if selected your work should be rehearsed and off-script (although we may be able to help with rehearsal space, this is not provided automatically – writers take responsibility for their own rehearsals). You will also receive payment of £400 too for you to share amongst cast and crew.
What to send/ how to apply: send either a copy of the 15-20 minute script or a two page description of what you are planning to do (this must include an excerpt of your writing). Send to Lee Farley to email@example.com. Enquiries to either Lee or Steve Wilson on firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 13 July 2018
Source; Arts Council Jobs