SpareParts is delighted to bring Lullaby, by internationally renowned artist Luke Jerram, to Sandbach in April 2021 in association with Sandbach Transport Festival.
In their words:
To accompany the work, we are offering a commission for a North West based writer to create an original bedtime story, 4-6mins in length.
We are looking for an inventive bedtime story to appeal to all ages; to be read the night before Lullaby passes by their doors.
The story should be magical and captivating, whilst reflecting in parts a connection to Sandbach’s heritage, character and identity.
In order that the story links to Lullaby, we are asking that the story contain references to a cycle-ride and light.
Placemaking is important to us, so we are looking for stories that include reference to local traditions, cultural identities, landmarks or heritage; some way of rooting the story to Sandbach itself.
We envisage a part of the story being resolved on the Sunday evening, as part of the Lullaby bike parade. For example, if the central character in your story has been on a quest to find something, that character might lead the lullaby parade holding the item they’ve been seeking.
We will collaborate with the writer to consider how the story might be resolved visually, and the Artistic Director for SpareParts, Jodie Gibson, will be responsible for producing this performative element. Fee:
£1,400 inclusive of VAT to cover:
- Completion of an original story responding to the outline
- Undertaking of Research & Development
- 1-hour online Q&A with Sandbach Young Producers
- Meetings with the SpareParts team and Young Producers
- Fee based on 8 x days at £175 p/d
- All activity is expected to take place online so no expenses are expected
- Deadline for applications: noon on 25 Jan 2021
- Shortlisted artists interviewed (online): 26-29 Jan 2021 (TBC)
- Draft 1 deadline: 12 Feb 2021
- Draft 2 deadline: 23 Feb 2021
- Currently living in the North West of England
- Able to evidence original writing
- Willingness for collaboration with Artistic Director and Sandbach Young Producers
Deadline: 25 January 2021
Source: Arts Jobs