Spontaneous Productions in association with Kirkdale Bookshop presents Love Bites Again: short plays about love and heartbreak
by emerging playwrights.
Following on from the first LOVE BITES show in 2014, Spontaneous Productions is back with more tales of love and heartbreak by emerging playwrights from SE London. Expect comedy, tragedy, romance, quirkiness and a soupçon of perversity…
The plays will be performed ‘script-in-hand’ by professional actors and the audience will get to vote on their favourite play on the night.
Eligibility: They are now inviting submissions from playwrights who live, work or study in SE London.
What to submit:
- The deadline for script submissions is 15 January 2018
- Only script submissions from writers who live, work or study in SE London can be considered
- Script submissions should include no more than 4 characters (plays with 2 or 3 characters may be preferred)
- Only simple settings and props please
- Scripts should be no more than 7-8 pages (with an expected running time of 10 mins or less)
- Scripts should not have been professionally produced before
- Submissions should explore the theme of ‘love and heartbreak’ though this may be interpreted loosely
How to apply: Please email scripts to email@example.com.
How it works:
- The selected scripts will be chosen by an independent judge or team of judges
- Script submissions should be anonymous with no author name appearing on the script
- The selected scripts will be staged ‘script-in-hand’ by Spontaneous Productions in Feb 2018
- The audience will be invited to vote for their favourite play on the night, with a small prize for the winning playwright
- The decision of the judge or judges will be final
Deadline: 15 January 2018
Source: Playwriting UK Facebook Group