For the next submission window from Persistent and Nasty they are looking for scripts that explore / respond to the phrase hope for the future.
Writers are invited to interpret this however they wish. They want to hear from women, trans women and non-binary voices. Although they are accepting submissions from across the UK, they are particularly keen to hear from writers based in Scotland.
What they are looking for:
- 15-30 minutes in length (approximately 20-30 pages).
- The script can be written for theatre, film, TV or radio.
- Priority will be given to scripts that explore themes of gender equality, diversity and representation.
- Priority will be given to scripts that have more than one female character.
- Casting will be age, ethnicity and disability blind.
- If the submitted script is an excerpt from a longer piece, the excerpt should be able to stand alone and be understood.
- Please use as close to industry standard formatting as possible. Minimum requirement is 12pt font size, double line spacing and page numbers.
How to apply: please send the the following information to email@example.com
- Alongside the script itself, please provide the following:
- a brief synopsis
- character descriptions
- a few words on what inspired you to write this particular piece
- a short biography
Find out more information about Persistent and Nasty on their website and watch their previous event on the Civil Disobediance website
Deadline: 7 January 2018 at 5pm
Source: BBC Writersroom