Their submissions window is now open to writers anywhere in the world. This month they’re looking for plays, screenplays or radio plays, up to 12 pages in length.
It’s free to submit. The prize? Winning pieces will be read ‘live’ on the night by auditioned S&Co Actors, in front of a large online audience, with a short discussion afterwards. It’s a great place to test your work and meet new contacts.
To compete you must:
- visit their website to find out the theme
- subscribe to the Scriptwriters & Co mailing list
- be over 18
- be able to attend the online Zoom event
Your script must be:
- in English
- relevant to the theme published on their website
- Up to 12 pages long with no more than 6 characters
- spell-checked and formatted appropriately
- in PDF or Word format, with its title and your name in the file name.
Please see their website for full details and eligibility. If your script is selected, it’ll be read aloud at the S&Co Scratch Night by auditioned actors, then workshopped by supportive audience members.
S&Co’s scriptreaders assess every submission very carefully. Please don’t be disheartened if yours isn’t chosen, or leap to the conclusion that it isn’t engaging or well-written. Decisions won’t just be based on talent, but to offer the audience variety.
Though Scriptwriters & Co Scratch Nights normally take place in Bath, UK, they offer a thriving Facebook community for playwrights, screenwriters, script readers, actors, filmmakers and theatrical producers at any stage of their career and wherever they live.
The success of their monthly Zoom events means location is no bar to joining them, as these will continue after lockdown.
Deadline: 7 October 2020 at 12pm
Source: BBC Writersroom