INTERNATIONAL STAGE ON SCREEN THEATRE FESTIVAL
The MAIN Theatre located in Santa Clarita, California is seeking entries for its upcoming 8-week online theatre festival that will feature plays performed by theatre companies from around the world. We are happy to accommodate all time zones to give your show a world-wide audience.
We want to connect with your theater and produce your show to bring a variety of cultures and perspectives to our city in the northern part of Los Angeles.
• Email your submission on or before November 30, 2020 at 7:00pm PST to firstname.lastname@example.org
• December: Play selection, performance dates & deadlines sent to companies
• Cast/Crew list with bios and headshots due 2 weeks before your performance date.
• Performance at 7:00pm PST on one of these Friday nights: January 22, 29; February 5, 12, 19, 26; March 5, 12.
• We will accommodate each group individually regarding the best time to present a live performance for your city, and then play a recording for our audience in California.
The MAIN is seeking play submissions for the upcoming Stage on Screen Theatre Festival performing January 22 – March 12, 2021. We encourage plays about different cultures that feature an international cast and crew. We are open to unique artistic conceptual changes that are available within the public domain or granted with permission from the publisher. We highly recommend choosing an original play from a local playwright as publishing companies are overcharging for online productions.
*Please include how rights are applied for in your country
*You may not choose a play from Concord Theatricals as they are not granting online licenses
If your play is chosen to participate in the festival, we will purchase the licensing rights for you! You are responsible for your own rehearsal schedule and finding your own cast and crew. We recommend about 2-3 weeks of rehearsals, not including tech. Your show will perform once, LIVE over Zoom, on one of these Friday nights: January 22, 29; February 5, 12, 19, 26; March 5, 12.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please send an email to email@example.com; it must include the following:
- Title and author of play
- Brief synopsis of play and how it pertains to a specific culture
- Company/individual’s name and where you are located
- Director’s resume
- Concept for your production over the online Zoom format
- Technical needs
- Your top 3 preferences of performance dates (Jan 22-Mar 12)
• This project is open to all artists, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical or mental disability. Artist teams are eligible to apply, including teams of artists from multiple disciplines.
• Submissions from international theatre companies or individuals will get priority consideration.
• Your production must be a full-length one-act or two-act play that fits within the international theme.
• Please view the “Online Performance Guidelines” for more information.
For more information and updates, please follow us at Facebook.com/TheMAINNewhall and monitor AtTheMAIN.org. Please email one of the producers, Calliope at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and she will be happy to help you.
TOP TEN TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL ONLINE THEATRE (pdf)
By Calliope Weisman, Co-Producer of the online Stage on Screen Theatre Festival at The MAIN,
Theatre in Newhall, CA
Deadline: 30 November 2020
Source: Playwriting UK Facebook Group