We’re really excited to announce our new submissions window where we we’ll be inviting our members to send us their plays. Whether it’s the the play you worked on for WrAP2021 or something you’ve been developing for a while – we want to read it!
We’ll be reading and providing feedback on all plays which are sent to us. We’ll then use the process to identify plays we’d like to develop further and we’ll be offering opportunities to selected writers including:
- In depth feedback.
- Invitations to FREE workshops tailored to particular needs of the writers.
- Mentoring and development.
- Table readings of plays.
- Opportunities for performing the plays at a new writing event later in the year.
What to send: please send your plays along with a short paragraph telling us a bit about your idea and what stage of development it’s at (if you’re sending us your #WrAp2021 play, be sure to tell us this as then we’ll know you’ve only had a couple of months to work on it).
As we’re planning on tailoring the opportunities we create to the plays we receive, we are happy for you to send us both early drafts or polished plays. However, we do ask that you send us complete drafts rather than extracts so we can get a sense of your idea from start to finish.
Although there is no official minimum page count for submissions, we’re not looking for shorts so please aim for something in the region of 40 pages+ if you can!
*Please note: due to limited resources, we can only accept one play per writer. Send us the script you are most excited about!*
Who can apply: writers over 18 of all levels are welcome to apply, however, you do need to be a member of London Playwrights’ Workshop (membership costs £3.63 and you can find out more about joining here) – this is because our work is completely supported by our members and this allows us to create and produce opportunities such as this one.
Where to send your work: email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to include:
- Your script attached as a PDF or Word Doc. Please ensure your work is clearly typed and pages are numbered.
- A short paragraph telling us what stage of development your work is at.
- Your contact details including the email address you use for your LPW membership.
- Please also fill in the equal opportunities form:
Deadline: The script widow opens on 1st March 2021 and closes on 14th April 2021