Over the past three quarters of a century, the Vogue Talent Contest has helped to launch the careers of journalists, authors, poets and playwrights. Now, it’s back and bigger than ever with exciting new competition categories. This year, British Vogue is seeking out the best emerging talent across writing, photography and illustration, and the theme for 2021 is Reset and Renewal.
The Best writer winner will receive £1,000 and have their submitted essay published in the September 2021 issue of British Vogue, as well as online.
They will also receive two paid commissions for Vogue.co.uk, and will be mentored by a British Vogue editor through the process of pitching, writing and being edited.
Two runners up will have their submitted essays published on Vogue.co.uk, and have the chance to pitch and receive a paid commission for the website and be mentored through the process – from idea to execution – by a British Vogue editor.
- Entrants should be 14-years-old or above and should not have reached their 25th birthday by 1 January 2021
- Entrants must be submitted by email to arrive no later than the closing date, to email@example.com
- Copyright on entries belongs to Condé Nast Publications Ltd.
- The competition results will be announced in the September 2021 issue of British Vogue and Vogue.co.uk
- The Editor-in-Chief will have the final decision.
- The theme for this year’s competition is Reset and Renewal. All entries should adhere to this theme, depicting the narrative of a fresh new start, but submissions can centre around fashion, culture, beauty, politics or personal experience. Your submission should be told from your own unique perspective
Deadline: Friday 30th April 2021.
Source: Bruntwood Playwrighting