Sky or the Bird are looking for writers to take part in THE ADULTS ADVENTURE playground in a collaboration with FRAGILITY (winners of the EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED Award).
This project is a little bit different and requires fearless and committed writers to bring it to fruition. It requires endurance and a sense of daring and adventurousness.
The production will take place from 6-22nd May 2016. This event is part of The Wandsworth Fringe. All profits will be donated to Help Calais.
About the project: The Adults Adventure Playground is a surprising and innovative project that works like this:
- Select a writer
- Provide the writer with a lens/hook and set them to work in their neighbourhood – their home – patch – and turf.
- Over 24 continuous hours the writer is on the streets of their patch, they are accompanied by a representative from Sky or the Bird (for company and assistance)
- The writer uses the hook/lens to collect images, sounds, and ideas for a piece of drama. Anything from events and action, to overheard conversations, and anything of interest to the writer that takes place on their field work over the 24 hours.
- Using the hook/lens and working alongside a dramaturg a play is created that is the result of the work to date.
- The play is developed with Sky or the Bird
- A director is attached with a cast.
- The play is rehearsed.
- The play is produced as part of The Wandsworth Fringe co-produced with Fragility.
- The performance is documented and may be used again in future events subject to agreement.
What to submit: They are looking for expressions of interest from writers. Writers who work across other disciplines (mixed media, videography, photography, sound etc) are encouraged to apply – but this is not essential. Please include a CV and a five page sample of your work, or a vimeo or soundcloud etc link to your work.
How to apply: Please email Dan Horrigan at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your location in London.
Deadline: 2 March 2016
Source: Playwriting UK Facebook Group