A three day playwriting workshop with award-winning playwright Simon Stephens will take place in Andalucia, Spain, this October.
Simon Stephens is an English playwright. Having taught on the Young Writers’ Programme at the Royal Court Theatre for many years, he is now an artistic associate at the Lyric Hammersmith. He is the inaugural Associate Playwright of Steep Theatre Company, Chicago, where two of his plays, Harper Regan and Motortown, had their US premieres. His writing is characterised as part of the in-yer-face generation and is widely performed not only in the UK but also throughout Europe, with several of his plays being premiered abroad.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time won the Olivier Award for Best New Play 2013 and the 2015 Tony Award for Best Play
- Punk Rock was nominated at the TMA Awards for Best New Play in 2010, and was also nominated for the Evening Standard Award for Best New Play in 2010
- Pornography won the Critics’ Awards for Theatre in Scotland for Best New Play in 2008-09[
- On the Shore of The Wide World won the Olivier Award for Best New Play in 2006
- One Minute won at the Tron Theatre Awards as Best New Play in 2003
- Port won the Pearson Award for Best New Play in 2001
‘Write. Read. Write again. Read again. Think. Write again. Read more. Write more. Never stop reading. Never strop writing. Never stop thinking. Success comes from work. There is no such thing as talent.’ Simon Stephens
Jayne Morley is a British visual artist and theatre writer/maker/performer living in France. She will make sure the workshop runs smoothly and all needs are met. She is delighted that Simon has agreed to run this workshop and take time out of his busy schedule.
Course dates: 15-19 October 2017
What to expect: Breakfast, lunch, dinner with wine, coffee, tea and refreshments provided throughout the day and there will be a maximum of 6 participants.
How to book: For more information, prices and to book please contact Jayne Morley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: none specified, but places are limited.
Source: Direct contact