As part of ‘Calm Down, Dear’, Camden People’s Theatre now seeks to commission three new work-in-progress performances from emerging artists in the field of innovative theatre, inspired by the themes of our festival and in response to the phrase ‘everyday sexism’.
What they are looking for:
- Artists or companies who are excited by the ‘Calm Down, Dear’ festival and motivated to take part
- Artists whose practise is in line with CPT’s focus on innovative, unconventional theatre
- New performances, of 20-30 minutes in duration, which can be presented together as part of a one-off event to conclude the festival
What you get:
- £250 seed commission to develop a new idea towards one work-in-progress performance
- 4 hrs technical support from CPT
- Dramaturgical support
- Maximum 2 days in CPT rehearsal room
- Publicity and promotion on CPT’s website, e-flyer and social media
- Discounted tickets to all events at’ Calm Down, Dear’ subject to availability
How to Apply: Send a description of your proposed project (max 400 words) and basic information of who you are and what you do (max 400 words).
Please send your application as a Word (.doc) file attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Calm Down, Dear – commission’ in the subject line. Applications in other formats or those received after the deadline will not be considered.
They may meet shortlisted applicants the following Mon 14 & Tue 15 October.
Performances are scheduled to take place on Sunday 10 November.
Deadline: Monday 7 October at 10am.
Source: Arts Council e-Newsletter