DRUNKEN NIGHTS is back – and looking for exciting artists to make work for pubs. This is your opportunity to receive development support, mentoring and a £1,000 commission.
Produced by Drunken Chorus, DRUNKEN NIGHTS is a series of events and development opportunities, supporting artists to create new performance work for pubs. The project is now in it’s second year, and Drunken Chorus [www.drunkenchorus.co.uk] are seeking new contemporary performances and live art pieces from emerging and early career practitioners – created specifically for a pub setting.
How it works:
- Work should initially be 10 minutes or under, low tech and in the early stages of development.
- They will select up to 15 performances to be shown in 2 London pubs (The Bell in Tower Hamlets and The Oval Tavern in Croydon) in Nov/Dec 2013.
- They will then select 3 of the most promising artists/companies, and provide them with development support, rehearsal space, a production budget of £1,000, and mentoring sessions with David Rosenberg (Shunt, Ring, Motor Show), Karen Christopher (Goat Island) and Julian Maynard Smith (Station House Opera).
- The three pieces of developed work will then be showcased as a triple bill in the 2 pubs in February 2014, with potential for further UK performances later in the year.
- Drunken Nights is supported by Arts Council England, Rich Mix, Croydon Council / Club Soda, Matthew’s Yard, Studio Film School, Arts Admin, The Bell and The Oval Tavern.
- You can read more about the first year of DRUNKEN NIGHTS on our project blog, complete with photos and artists’ diaries: http://www.drunkennightsblog.wordpress.com
What to submit: Details of the full brief can be downloaded via their website. Submissions should include:
- A completed application form (available from the website)
- Artist CV(s) / company biog
- Up to 5 images of your work, attached to the email (total message size must be no more than 4MB)
- Web links and online video links should be included within the attached form.
How to apply:
- Proposals should be sent by email to: email@example.com
- Please also include name of artist or company in the filenames of all attachments.
- Total email size should not exceed 4MB – ANY EMAILS EXCEEDING THIS SIZE WILL BE DELETED
- Please include ‘PROPOSAL: DRUNKEN NIGHTS’ in the subject line
For any additional questions, please contact Sheena Holliday – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Monday 21 October 2013 at 5pm
Source: Arts Council e-Newsletter