We want to find ways to make playwriting accessible to all but we know finances can be a barrier for writers to get the support they need to develop further. With this in mind, we’ve come up with a way for playwrights to help each other out, and to create free opportunities for those who need them. Introducing….our pay-it-forward scheme!
Items such as workshops, memberships, and script consulting packages can be purchased to be passed on to writers who might need them. What’s more, London Playwrights will match every single donation made, meaning we can help even more playwrights!
You’ll find all the information you need on this page on both how to donate or how to claim items.
Purchase items using the links below. They will then become available for writers who need them to claim for free. London Playwrights will match all donations, so when you purchase one workshop ticket, two become available, and so forth! As a thank you, we’ll also send you a 10% discount code to use on our workshops, which you can keep forever!
If you’re in need of some extra support and money is a barrier, you can claim any of the available items by clicking the links below. In the interest of sharing the support with as many writers as can, we ask that you only claim one thing at a time. We don’t need to know your reasons for claiming but please remember the ethos of this scheme is to help those who need it! (There is no obligation whatsoever attached to claiming but if you’re ever in the position to, please consider continuing the pay-it-forward kindness by donating.an item in return if you can).
If items are displayed as ‘sold out’, unfortunately it means no donations have been made at this time, so please keep checking the page for updates!
Please note! When you claim an item, you’ll need to input credit/ debit card details and a £1 charge will be taken from your card. This is to ensure we monitor the quantity available but it will be refunded within a few days. If this prevents you from using the scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help!
Once you’ve claimed your item, we’ll be in touch within 3 working days to let you know the next steps!
The small print
- After you have purchased an item for donation, please allow up to 3 days for it to become available to claim as the system is updated manually.
- After you have claimed an item, we will send you an email within 3 days to confirm and to let you know the next steps to access your item.
- No cash alternatives will be given.
- Please allow up to 10 working days for £1 refunds to reach your account.
- You must be 18 or over to attend our workshops or use our script consulting services.
- All claims and donations are made anonymously and London Playwrights will not share this information.
- No refunds can be given once the donated item is available to claim so please be sure before purchasing your item!
- Script Consulting services are subject to the terms and conditions laid out here.