Tiny Dog Productions are currently accepting submissions from practitioners who wish to participate in the next Theatre Breaks Festival. They are looking for 6 – 8 productions in total. Theatre Breaks is comprised of a 3 night run, which Theatre Companies/individuals can use as a platform to showcase new or developing work.
Be it a new short play, an excerpt from a longer piece, a new adaptation, a musical, a puppet show, a sketch, a monologue or a story – all are welcome at the festival. Each show will run for NO LONGER THAN 20 MINUTES and will be performed back to back over the 3 night run.
Date: 18 & 25 May @ 6pm and 19 May @ 7:30pm at The White Bear Theatre, Kennington, SE11 4DJ
What you get: Theatre Breaks offers the following to successful applicants:
- A 20 min performance slot for three nights (18, 19 & 25 May 2014)
- A short tech rehearsal and a technician for all performances.
- Full marketing support from Tiny Dog Productions.
- Professional photos taken of tech and performances, which directors/companies can use for their own marketing going forward.
- Show support, including promotion across all Tiny Dog Productions online channels and programmes for the run.
How to apply: You can find full details of the process on their website.
- Deadline for submissions is 5pm on Tuesday, 8 April 2014. Successful companies/directors will be notified by Tuesday 15 April, 2014.
- Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the title of your play as the subject line. If you do not have a completed script, please send a synopsis and a detailed break down of the piece you would like to perform. Plays must be no longer than 20 minutes.
- There will be a mandatory meeting on Monday 21 April at the White Bear at 7pm for all successful applicants. One person (Director/Producer) must attend from each production.
- They can accept one submission per writer/company/director.
- Please note, the performance space is a black box theatre with basic sound and lighting.
- The event is open to anyone, no previous experience necessary and we are looking for submissions from a diverse range of applicants.
- Directors/companies will be required to provide all set and costume.
Deadline: 8 April 2014 at 5pm
Source: BBC Writersroom