Submissions are now open for the 25th Alfred Fagon Award! The award is the leading award for Black British playwrights.
The competition is open to any playwright of Caribbean or African descent, resident in the UK, for the best original, new stage play in English. Entrants must confirm on their CV that that they are of African and Caribbean descent.
- The play does not need to have been produced. However, if it has, only plays produced since August 2020 will be considered.
- Each entrant can submit only one play. A play may also be nominated by a third party with the writer’s consent (e.g. via an agent).
- Plays must be typed, full length and presented as double-spaced, single-sided, in Times New Roman, font 12pt and be a minimum of 40 pages and submitted as a .doc file (Word or PDF). Manuscripts cannot be altered after entry.
- Television, radio plays and film scripts will not be considered.
- New as well as established writers are encouraged to enter.
All applicants will be notified by email of their entry’s safe arrival. No correspondence will be entered into between the judges and applicants.
*Prizes, bursaries, and opportunities are available for the winners*.
How to apply: find out more here.
Deadline: 30 July 2021 at 5pm
Source: Write A Play