Are you a writer enthusiastic about promoting diversity and anti-racism? Do you have a background in the Arts and Education?
Black Books Matter UK, champions diversity in books and stories that represent, are written by and educate on the lives of those from the African Diaspora. We provide books, resources and creative and literary schemes into communities and schools. We are commissioning a new Theatre in Education Play for primary schools which will tour schools in and around London this autumn.
We are commissioning a play aimed at primary school children exploring themes of anti-racism. The play must be educational and workshops will be taught alongside it. The candidate should be able to provide a final manuscript by 16th August 2021. Must be available for rehearsals 27th September – October 3rd 2021. Ideally we are looking for a writer who would also take on the role of director in rehearsals. The play will then tour primary schools in London and Greater London in October.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Genuine interest in implementing anti-racism programmes into primary schools
- Experience writing for children
- An interest in the Arts and Education
- Ability to work to deadlines and provide good quality original scripts
- Able to rewrite as per feedback
- Collaborate with the actors and production team to benefit the play
- Send your CV and cover letter addressing why you would like to work with Black Books Matter, your previous writing and directing experience and what personal attributes make you suited to the role.
- Any links to previous work (desirable)
Please send to email@example.com by Monday 12th April 2021
First Interviews will be held week commencing 26th April.
Deadline: 12th April 2021