Mags Creative, a leading production and promotion podcast agency, is looking for a writer to develop and help create an exciting and ground-breaking narrative semi-fictional podcast. It will be an experiential audio experience with sustainability at its core. We want to ignite debate, excite creatively and prompt action. We welcome both established and new & emerging writers to apply.
- A talented playwright / screenwriter / audio writer with a creative mind who is excited about the power of audio.
- May have previous experience in writing for audio (but not essential)
- A passion for and understanding of conservation and climate change issues
- A strong ability to work collaboratively and be able to devise within a team
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- An ambition to work on a creatively challenging, dynamic and purposeful project
Stories matter. Many stories matter. Stories have been used to dispossess and to malign, but stories can also be used to empower and to humanize. Stories can break the dignity of a people, butstories can also repair that broken dignity. – Chimimanda Ngozi Adiche
In 500 words, please bring to life an element of the natural world through the power of language and storytelling. We ask you to flex your creative muscles and make an unrelatable subject matter feel relatable. This might be a banana, or it could be the rainforest. The tone should be realistic but not factual. There will be wry humour but not farce. We should feel connected and invested in the character you bring to life. `
- Project Fee: £2,500-£5000.
- Availability: Immediate start for approx 5-6 weeks.
- Submission Deadline: 9am, Monday 26th July *Please note: submissions will be reviewed as submitted
Please submit the written task, as well as your CV and/or portfolio of written work to: Kelsey Bennett, email@example.com
About Mags Creative
We believe fiercely in the power of meaningful audio to bring people together and make connections. Mags Creative produces podcasts, reaching millions of listeners monthly. We make shows such as Deliciously Ella, Castaway with Laura Whitmore and Who Cares Wins with Lily Cole. We work with top-tier brands such as Google and Facebook to create meaningful branded podcasts that truly connect people.
Deadline: 26 July 2021
Source: direct contact