The Les Enfants Terribles Award is designed to help one new theatre company who’re producing original work to be able to bring their show to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Les Enfants Terribles hope to encourage an entrepreneurial spirit amongst young companies, helping them to achieve their goals by rewarding their artistic achievement, ambition and desire to produce original work.
Brief judges are looking for a passionate individual or group who have a real thirst for the industry and to take a show to Edinburgh.. New or existing theatre companies are more than welcome
What you get: The award includes:
- A cash injection of £1,000.
- A guaranteed slot at The Pleasance Theatre, plus additional support from one of the most prestigious venues at the festival.
- Valuable mentoring from Les Enfants Terribles Theatre Company.
Terms and conditions:
- The winning company is obliged to pay for the slot at The Pleasance themselves. The usual box office split is 60/40 in the company’s favour (with a guarantee that must be paid up front). Winning the award, does, however, guarantee a slot at The Pleasance.
- Yours must be its first ever production.
- It must not have had more than six performances prior to its Fringe debut.
- It must constitute a substantially new work (i.e. not a simple reworking of material already in existence). In the case of adaptations of existing work, clear evidence of a creative transformation of the original must be in evidence. For example, OJ/Othello, although using some of Shakespeare’s words and plot, was clearly a new work. On the other hand, a stage adaptation of The Mill on the Floss, even if it has never been performed before, is not.
What to submit: The award is only open to original pieces of work (newly written, devised, or adapted). Works must have not been fully produced, or performed, although works in development which may have had a showcase opportunity will be considered.
You’ll need to film a video (max. three minutes long) detailing who you are, why you should win the award, and what you want to make. Upload this to your IdeasTap portfolio. The video can be a snapshot of what you want to produce, an animation, or just you giving an impassioned pitch to your smartphone.
This isn’t a video competition; you won’t be assessed on your editing and production skills. The judges want to get a sense of you, your idea, and your passion for it. It is your chance to sell your show.
Your video should cover…
- The company/individual presenting the work;
- The piece you want to produce;
- Why you should be awarded the Les Enfants Terribles Award.
How to apply: Applications can be made online through the IdeasTap brief.
Deadline: 9 February 2015 at 5pm
Source: Arts Jobs