Tomo Suru Players is calling for submissions for short plays for their second annual About Love Festival.
The 2016 festival will be June 14 to June 18 at Vancouver’s storied Havana Theatre, 1212 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC.
The goal of the festival is to provide encouragement for emerging playwrights and an opportunity for Vancouver area actors and directors to engage in new works on stage.
What to submit:
- Submissions should be 8 to 20 minutes in length.
- The play should have simple technical requirements. Simple set, simple lighting and sound requirements.
- It is open to any short play, in English, that has not been professionally produced (professional in their definition means all cast and crew paid).
Fee: There is a 10CAD submission fee for one play, 15CAD for two.
Prize: There is a 150.CAD prize for the winning play and finalists will receive 5 public performances.
How to apply: Applications must meet the following guidelines.
- Cover page should have only the title of the play and the genre of the play. It should NOT include your name or any personal identifiers.
- Pages should be numbered.
- In the body of your email: Include your name, the name of your play and your contact information, name, mailing address, telephone number, email address.
- In the subject line: “About Love. YOUR FAMILY NAME. PLAY TITLE.”
Email plays to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 20 March 2016
Source: Direct contact