Aberrant Theatre is seeking short, horror themed plays to be produced as part of their upcoming Ghost Light Anthology.
Working from an anthology model akin to Creepshow or Tales from the Crypt, Aberrant Theatre will be presenting an evening of short, scary plays as part of what they hope will become an annual event.
The event will take place at The Box in Toronto during the last half of October, with each play receiving 8 performances. Exact performance schedule TBA.
- Aberrant Theatre is committed to creating a platform for marginalized identities and experiences, including race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, class, sexuality, education, ability, and accessibility. Selected pieces will reflect this commitment
- Plays selected will feature small casts, and will have a run time of no more than 20 minutes.
- Preference will be given to pieces requiring minimal sets, costumes, props and / or effects.
- Pieces must not contain any intellectual property which doesn’t belong to the author. However, pieces featuring intellectual property from the public domain will be accepted.
- There is no fee to submit your play, nor will monetary compensation be guaranteed for participating in the project. An honorarium may be awarded to plays selected for production, dependant on funding.
Otherwise, the blood-red sky is the limit. Send them your monsters, your killers, your things that go bump in the night. Join them as we add a spooky new tradition to the Toronto theatre scene.
How to submit: Please email your submissions to aberranttheatrecreations@gm
Deadline: 1 June 2018
Source: Direct contact