Acme Theater of Maynard, MA (USA) is proud to announce that it is now accepting submissions for our 13th annual New Works Winter Festival. The festival will be performed over two weekends in January 2014. Selected plays will be divided into two festival tracks and will be performed once per weekend. At the conclusion of each festival track, one playwright will be awarded the audience choice award, known as “The Charlie”.
- Scripts must be limited to a length of ten (10) pages or less in standard script format and be able to be legitimately performed in 10 minutes. Please keep type sizes at 10 pts or greater, double spaced, and leave some margin space.
- Maximum submission limit of ONE (1) play per playwright.
- Any subject matter welcome. Comedy or drama. Please no overuse of strong language.
- Plays may have already been produced elsewhere, but any published works will not be considered.
- Selected playwrights will be given the option to provide their own director, actors, props, etc., or have Acme provide someone from our pool of eager and capable directors for you and cast the play from our festival auditions in November 2013.
How to apply: Please email script in .doc or .pdf format to Tom Berry at email@example.com. Selected playwrights will be notified by November 2013.
Technical Requirements: Acme Theater is a 72-seat black box in Maynard, MA with full light and sound equipment. Acme will provide sound and light operators, the stage and a 45 minute tech time the week before we open so that casts can become familiar with our space prior to the festival.
Your script will be limited to the use of any/all of the following set pieces provided by Acme:
- 6 standard wooden chairs
- 1 dining room table
- 1 coffee table
- 1 tall table/desk
- 1 end table
- 1 podium
- 1 small love seat
- 1 park bench
- Hand props will be allowed, but nothing else.
Deadline: Sunday 8 September 2013
Source: Play Submissions Helper