After the success of helping working class writers, directors and actors Tom Stocks brings the critically acclaimed company Actor Awareness, back to its home in the North. With various new writing nights having been performed at Spotlight Studios in the heart of the West End, Actor Awareness has now set up these new writing opportunities in Wigan.
Their nights always have a set theme that is aimed at under-represented voices.
To enter the rules are as follows:
- The story can be about anything as long as the piece has the theme of “Social Class” at the centre of the story.
- The interpretation of this theme is down to you.
- Applicants can be any age, ethnicity, sexuality, gender, etc, no restrictions.
- The piece has to be between 10-15 minutes.
- Maximum 3 performers per show, plus the writer/ director, so 4 members in total for each group.
- They are looking for 4 pieces of live new writing.
- That can be short plays, poetry, monologues, short extracts of longer pieces.
Casting and organizing rehearsals must be done by the chosen participants, however they can help with casting calls, advice and some support when necessary, etc.
This event will be part of the Actor Awareness partnership with The Old Courts, taking part in their lovely space in the heart of Wigan.
They always have an industry panel giving written feedback if wanted. Previously they have had award winning writers such as Anna Jordan & Jon Brittain, casting directors such as Heather Basten, Suzanne Smith & Daniel Edwards, agents such as BWH Cole Kitchen, Simon & How, amazing companies like Les Enfants, plus many more.
The date of the show will be 10th February 2022.
Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org for your entry. Please only attach your script, your name and a short synopsis of the piece, nothing else, no CV, they like blind casting.
The deadline for submissions is on 6th December 2021 at midnight.
Source BBC Writersroom