All the Rage Theatre are presenting Seize the Stage, a festival of new theatre by women at Rich Mix on 19th April 2014.
With the aim to foster new collaborations between women in London, up to 6 playwrights will be partnered with 6 directors (offering them master classes, some space and actors to work with) culminating in a rehearsed reading of their work. The day itself will involve discussions and Q&As with industry guests, as well as rehearsed readings by actors of the 6 new pieces of work.
- Female playwrights and directors based in London.
- You need to be available all day on 19th April 2014.
- You need to be willing to take part in up to 6 workshops during the 6 weeks prior to the festival, which will be either at weekends or weekday evenings (Exact dates TBC with participants).
- Please apply either as a playwright or a director.
What to submit in your application:
- Why do you want to be involved? Tell them a bit about yourself! (200 words max)
- An idea for a new play. Include a brief synopsis and/or your vision for the piece (200 words max).
- Please do not submit a play you have already written. They are interested in a story in its early stages/an initial idea that you would like to develop through collaboration with a director.
- An example of your writing (5 pages maximum). This can be from a play you have already written, a first draft of a scene for the new idea, or a stand alone scene. It should be writing for theatre (i.e. not a screenplay, treatment, short story).
- Why do you want to be involved? Tell them a bit about yourself!(200 words max).
- What is your vision? What kind of work do you make/would you like to make? (400 words max).
Deadline: 21 February 2014 at 12 noon (applicants will be advised of the outcome during the first week of March).
Source: Old Vic New Voices Twitter feed.