We are seeking associate artists to join our teams of freelance creatives. Work with us to help deliver an ambitious programme of arts engagement to the people of Mansfield. We are buzzing with ideas and now is the time to work with creative people to bring these ideas to life. In this advert we are seeking a creative writer.
Our Associate Artists will equip us to be responsive to the needs of our audience and our communities. You might be asked to deliver one off sessional workshops to potentially longer term community engagement projects. You might be asked to deliver a series of workshops at https://www.mansfield.gov.uk/museum/ – Mansfield Museum supporting a particular exhibition, or work with a group of new audience members coming to the https://www.mansfield.gov.uk/palacetheatre/ – Mansfield Palace Theatre, or deliver a creative workshop in a school, or deliver a creative drop in at a community setting. These are some of our ideas and we will encourage our associate artists to talk to us about ideas they have too.
We encourage expressions of interest from creatives with NG18 postcodes. Please carefully consider your capacity to deliver this brief if you do not live near Mansfield.
You will need:
- To have experience of working with a wide variety of community venues, including non-arts settings
- To have experience of working with a wide variety of people, valuing differences and working creatively to promote ability.
- To be flexible, motivated and a self-starter, as you may need to deliver activities/workshops on your own.
- To have experience of monitoring and evaluation practice and actively contribute to our monitoring requirements
- To have experience of working methodically, safely and professionally
- To be willing to think big and share your creative ideas with us.
We will also offer successful artists access to ongoing support and development based on identifying your needs and creative ambitions. This could include access to business support, support with approaching funders or access to other professional and creative networks.
To help deliver activities in support of our NPO programme across the following strands:
- Priority Communities
- Learning Together
- New Talent
- Diverse Careers
- Relevant Collection
- Natural Futures
- Mansfield and the World
- Inclusive Audiences
Find out more here.
Deadline: 11 September 2023